Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tests, Progress Reports, and All that Good Stuff


September 26, 2007

We are half way through the term and progress reports went out yesterday. For the most part my students have good grades. Today, I am giving their first 35-minute timed writing in preparation for the SAT...which is buzz word for them these days. Junior year is an important year! As I write this blog, they are writing on the given topic. I watch them shake their heads and hands as they write....heads and hands hearting from the writing :)

Tomorrow is their first big unit test on Puritan Literature. It will interesting to see how they do on such a test. Answered prayer....I have a TA (teaching assistant) to grade papers. 12th graders have so many service hours to complete in a year, and one task is they can be a TA and help with grading, making copies....all those tedious things teachers have to do. I am excited about my TA and she lives at the dorm where I help out on Monday nights......another plus! God is good!

Nolan and Patti

No comments: