Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sadness = Prayer

October 11, 2007

The past 2 days have been tough. A friend back home lost her mother. Her mother was shot by a 14 year old who wanted cigarettes. That is hard to swallow. Also, our brother-in-law is sick and doctors are not sure what it is and how to cure it. I want to go home and be near all my loved ones. I want to get on a plane and go home for a few days, but I know I can't. I know this how my students feel. Sometimes they want to go home to be their families, but know they have to stay here at school. These are some hard lessons to deal with while being here. I know prayer is the only answer.

1 comment:

Shelly Waugh said...

by the way, we found out that the guy that wanted the loose cigarettes was a different guy than the one that shot her.