Monday, October 15, 2007

Honeymoon is over

October 15, 2007

They say after the first two months, you will begin feeling the weight of being away from home and in a different culture. We have been feeling this way for the past couple of weeks. I think students are feeling this too. We will get through this time....I know. I also know that my God is good and He gives me strength.

Knowing that Nolan and I were tired and a little homesick, God took care of us. This past weekend was wonderful...and relaxing. We had dinner with our German neighbors, and it was good fellowship...a neat German cultural experience. Then Sunday we attended a German church and really connected with some of the church members. Sunday evening Nolan helped lead worship for a youth service at a German church in town. It is completely in German, so we had a little trouble understanding, but it was neat to see the youth worshiping together. Of course, Nolan only played the guitar, being that most songs were in German :) Good times this weekend....God is good and faithful.

No comments: