Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 13, 2008

Wow, already 13 days into January. Cliche to say, but really, "where is time going?" Nolan and I are back to teaching. Students arrived Monday, and classes began Tuesday. Students were a little jet-lagged from their long plane rides from all different parts of the world. I was easy on them this first week by having them work on the computer...grammar and writing. They were able to work at their own pace. However, tomorrow we are back to the classroom and lectures. Woo-Hoo!

It was hard getting back into the swing of things. Nolan and I had such a nice break, spending time with friends and family....and each other! The school schedule keeps us so busy, that it is hard to find time for each other. And when we do find time, we are exhausted and just lounge on the sofa. By the way, we have a sofa...not just a little loveseat. It is so comfortable! I have said this before, but our new apartment is just great! And even closer to the school. I can go home for lunch. I have never been able to do that in all my years of teaching. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Mike Young said...

Great to discover you and Nolan's blog. I've bookmarked it and will be checking it out/praying for you. Hope things are good with ya'll. When are you and Nolan coming back to the states? I think I told you on Facebook that Hillary (my daughter) and I are going to Leipzig in July. Will you two still be there?

Mike Young